WORK WITH REV
Creative Content Coordinator
✓ You’re a digitally savvy storyteller with big passion for Birmingham.
✓ We don’t have to tell you that the Magic City is full of captivating people, historic places and boundless potential.
✓ You want to be an active contributor to the transformation that is taking place in one of the Southeast’s great cities, and you have the communications know-how to help amplify Birmingham’s vibrancy.
If that sounds like you, let’s talk!
REV Birmingham is an economic development nonprofit using place-based revitalization strategies to create vibrant commercial districts—and we are hiring a Creative Content Coordinator.
Our Creative Content Coordinator will develop engaging, original content that supports REV’s organizational and programmatic goals and that reflects its brand values. First and foremost an engaging and strategic storyteller, the Creative Content Coordinator will leverage digital and traditional tools to inform key publics about the value of REV and its initiatives, to promote engagement in projects and events and to support the successful implementation of program plans.
- Work with Director of Communications and program and administrative staff to develop and implement strategic communications plans to achieve program, fundraising and general organizational goals;
- Work with Director of Communications to plan content in support of communications strategies, and create content—including blog posts, emails, social media content, photos, videos, graphics and/or podcasts—for REV and related brands;
- Lead organization and implementation of a content calendar for REV’s blog, email newsletter and other platforms by producing or procuring content that supports organizational goals and goals of REV clients and partners;
- Use digital communication tools including Monday.com, Teams, Zoom and Sharepoint to plan, collaborate on and execute creative content that embodies REV’s mission and core values;
- Work with social media agency to execute social media strategies for REV and related brands on Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn, and identify opportunities to supplement scheduled social media posts with additional creative content;
- Check social media platforms daily (including weekends and holidays) and respond to comments and inquiries as appropriate. Handle messages and comments under the guidance of the Director of Communications and, as appropriate, the involved internal teams;
- Draft press releases and assist Director of Communications with media inquiries as directed;
- Support special events as assigned with assistance in planning, organization, execution and volunteer/staffing management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Journalism, English, Communications or similar relevant field of study;
- One to three years’ experience in positions involving similar job responsibilities;
- Strong skills in writing, photography and videography (bonus points for experience in WordPress and Adobe Creative Suite!);
- Creative thinker, skilled problem solver, resourceful and outcome-oriented;
- Hard-working with a positive attitude and ability to prioritize and accomplish a variety of tasks or projects, being flexible when needed to meet the needs and goals of the organization;
- Ability to work nicely, effectively and professionally with diverse populations;
- Flexibility to facilitate/participate in meetings and events outside of core business hours (i.e. nights, weekends, etc.);
- Valid driver’s license for traveling between local businesses, organizations and other locations as necessary.
Email your resume and portfolio of published writing, photos, video, graphic design and other appropriate work to firstname.lastname@example.org.
REV Birmingham is an equal opportunity employer.