Whether you have an idea you’ve not yet executed or you’re a business ready to grow, the REV Business Growth Team can help! Scroll down to see our workshop offerings that meet the needs of small businesses at different stages.
BIZ 1.0: START-UP ESSENTIALS
Biz 1.0: Startup Essentials is the foundation for starting a small business from scratch taught by REV Birmingham’s Business Growth team. This structured yet interactive 4-hour workshop is designed for starters with a great idea and for those who don’t know where to go next. Answer fundamental questions such as:
- Where do I begin in making my idea a reality?
- How do I develop a strong and authentic brand from the start?
- What resources are available to get my idea off the ground and to market?
Through 11 core concepts, our REV Biz team prompts attendees to get their product to market quickly to test assumptions and to gain customer feedback. This process will help determine if the concept is viable before sinking time and money into a failing concept. After Biz 1.0, you’ll have the components for a one-page business plan to build upon as your business grows.
FUNDING YOUR DREAM
You have an amazing business concept or perhaps you’re already in business. But it takes money to make money, so where do you find that funding? Tap into your 401k? Hit up family and friends? How about bank loans or investors?
In this one-hour workshop, traditional bankers, micro-lenders, and small business consultants will share the advantages and challenges associated with different funding methods. You’ll gain:
- An understanding of what it takes to position yourself and your business to effectively engage lenders and investors at every stage of business growth.
- A roadmap to help you navigate Birmingham’s funding landscape and knowledge of how to position yourself for funding.
- Access to resources to support your small business experience.
Regardless of where you are in your entrepreneurial journey – from new concept to established business – Funding Your Dream will give you an insider’s peek into this important component of moving your business forward. Come with questions to maximize the expertise in this part-presentation and part-Q & A session.
REAL ESTATE 101
In this workshop, new and existing businesses will understand the connections between physical space, financing and the business’s monthly operational needs. Ben Wieseman, REV’s Director of Catalytic Development and Adjunct Professor of Real Estate Development at Auburn University, will cover core concepts related to the brick and mortar process. You will learn:
- What to consider in finding and leasing space.
- How your financial position and physical space affect your bottom line.
- How to engage property owners and developers to secure space and potentially invest in your business.
Whether you’re ready to sign a lease or simply have a small business idea, this one-hour workshop will begin to lay the foundation in your dream of obtaining a storefront. Part-presentation and part-discussion, we encourage you to come with questions.
TELLING YOUR BRAND STORY
A strong brand is so much more than a logo – it tells a story. Let’s tell a more authentic and impactful story for your business. In this one-hour workshop, learn how to build and broadcast your brand story. Facilitated by REV’s Director of Communications, Julie McKinney, and co-taught by some of Birmingham’s brightest marketers, you’ll leave this session rethinking how you tell your small business story.
Ticket information coming soon!