Five Points South needs you! Join the Five Points Alliance (formerly The Five Points South Merchant group) for a discussion about what Five Points priorities should be. Led by community volunteers, the group is developing a plan to revitalize the area in a manner that respects the area’s 130 year history, cultural and urban character. REV Birmingham is supporting their efforts by facilitating their work, providing data and spreading the word.
Want to get involved? Here are the upcoming community involvement meetings dates!
- March 29th – Civic Community Meeting
- April 24th – Residential Community Meeting
- May 17th – Business Community Meeting
- June 13th – Faith Community Meeting
- To inform community members about the Five Points Alliance;
- To bring the community up to date on where Five Points South stands from a market perspective; and
- To engage community members in discussion about the master planning process, priorities and issues to be addressed in the plan over the next 18 months.
Your input is needed!
Give Five Points South some feedback via this survey and you’ll be entered to win a #5ptsbham prize package. Click HERE for the survey! #5pts130
This Sunday, a group of volunteers will embark on a façade improvement project at The Shop on 1st Avenue – cleaning and painting the outside of the building.
From the terrazzo floors to the alley mural, the New Ideal building is full of history, and its redevelopment is sure to bring even more vibrancy to the already bustling block it shares with The Pizitz. Here are three reasons we are excited about the New Ideal Lofts project – and we hope it makes you say #YayBham too!
Come join Young Pioneers of Birmingham, in support of REV Birmingham, for coffee and doughnuts with Bill Smith of Shipt and David Fleming of REV on Thursday, July 19 at 7:30 a.m. at Shipt HQ!