Five Points South needs you! Join the Five Points Alliance (formerly The Five Points South Merchant group) for a discussion about what Five Points priorities should be. Led by community volunteers, the group is developing a plan to revitalize the area in a manner that respects the area’s 130 year history, cultural and urban character. REV Birmingham is supporting their efforts by facilitating their work, providing data and spreading the word.
Want to get involved? Here are the upcoming community involvement meetings dates!
- March 29th – Civic Community Meeting
- April 24th – Residential Community Meeting
- May 17th – Business Community Meeting
- June 13th – Faith Community Meeting
- To inform community members about the Five Points Alliance;
- To bring the community up to date on where Five Points South stands from a market perspective; and
- To engage community members in discussion about the master planning process, priorities and issues to be addressed in the plan over the next 18 months.
Your input is needed!
Give Five Points South some feedback via this survey and you’ll be entered to win a #5ptsbham prize package. Click HERE for the survey! #5pts130
The two properties serve two sides of the same purpose—to expose people to art.
From expert seamstresses to experienced sound engineers, residents of Woodlawn have come together at Porch Parties. On December 13, they’ll share their skills with their neighbors at the Woodlawn-Made Holiday Market at Bungalow Bungalow from 7-9 p.m.
This Sunday, a group of volunteers will embark on a façade improvement project at The Shop on 1st Avenue – cleaning and painting the outside of the building.