THE BIG PITCH 2017
REV Birmingham is now accepting applications for THE BIG PITCH presented by PNC, a business pitch competition for Birmingham’s startups with a prize package greater than $40,000. In its fourth year, 10 startup contestants will compete before a live audience and panel of judges, “Shark Tank-style,” for a chance to win prizes including cash, professional services and a chance at an investment in one or more companies. See more information including application instructions at bigpitchbham.com.
A screening panel of expert entrepreneurs will be looking for:
- New business concepts or existing businesses poised for growth
- Proposals with a striking concept and well-developed business model
- Business located in, or intending to locate in, the city of Birmingham
- Retail, restaurant, art or neighborhood service concepts
- Other businesses that will generate significant foot traffic
- Businesses that will result in job and tax growth in Birmingham
Strong consideration will be given to businesses that have graduated from REV’s BIZ 1.0 Startup Essentials workshop or Create Birmingham’s CO.STARTERS business development offering (held in partnership with REV and MAKEbhm). You can register at revbirmingham.org/biz1.0 and/or revbirmingham.org/costarters.