Small businesses are the fabric of a vibrant community.
Woodlawn is home to passionate people with diverse talents and great ideas. Through a community partnership called Woodlawn Urban Main, we want to find those folks and support them in turning their talent, hobby or passion into a viable business.
So, could your idea, hobby or talent be a Woodlawn business? Then consider yourself invited to our series of Woodlawn Porch Parties! Join us the 2nd Tuesday of each month from 6:30 to 8 p.m. at a Woodlawn residence or business to connect, learn and inspire one another.
What are Porch Parties?
Through monthly community gatherings called Porch Parties, we aim to find local entrepreneurs, creatives, and makers in the neighborhood and connect them to resources and knowledge to make their ideas reality.
Interested in hosting a Porch Party?
Hosting a Woodlawn Porch Party is easy:
- Choose a 2nd Tuesday between April and October.
- Invite your Woodlawn neighbors, family and friends.
- Host a small gathering in your front yard, back yard, or storefront.
- Use a $50 stipend to provide light snacks.
- Welcome guests and facilitate dialogue with a guest speaker we’ve invited to share information about one of the many facets of entrepreneurship.
- Share your entrepreneurial spirit with the Woodlawn community. This is a great time for you to test your idea with those who will be your actual customers. We encourage you to share your own talents and small business dreams. For example, if you make candles, bring a few of your favorite scents to get unbiased feedback from your fellow Porch Party guests!