Here at REV, we’re continuing our mission of gathering the resources small businesses need to respond to these strange times—especially as we begin to slowly transition into the next phase of COVID-19 response.
This week, the REV BIZ team is focused on supporting small business owners as they begin to develop their reopening strategy. We’re doing that through asking entrepreneurs what they need and responding to those needs through small business coaching and gathering useful and timely resources.
Here are 10 tools to help you move forward.
We’re all leaders.
Whether you’re a 2-person retail shop, a culinary team of 20 or CEO of a corporation, we are all leaders. If you missed these leadership rockstars, watch those and others here.
- Dave Gray, Leading Through Covid-19 and Beyond
- Heather Russell and Melva Tate, Modifying Your Staff Structure + Operations
- Want the resources Melva mentioned to help you reopen? Find those here.
Pivot, pivot, pivot.
Even as we enter reopen, you’re rethinking your model. Here’s what we’re watching and reading this week.
- Harvard Business Review, How Restaurants Can Survive Right Now
- Retail Strategies Covid-19 Webinar Series including Positioning Your Business to Sell Online
Preparing to reopen
As we’ve listened so far, we heard calculated, an intentional and truly compassionate concern for the Birmingham community which is so very inspiring. Your actions are driven by one another’s needs.
- Streetsense’s Pandemic Restaurant + Bar Relaunch Toolkit
- National Retail Federation’s Blueprint for Shopping Safe
- Cushman and Wakefield’s Guide to Reopening the Workplace
Let’s be real. We could all use some inspiration.
The last two are simply good for the soul. Enjoy.
Let’s be honest, Birmingham has a lot of cool shops. So much so that choosing an item on first visit might be a bit overwhelming. That’s why REV ask several small business owners about their top-selling items and what they like about them. Here’s what they had to say:
Black Business Fridays: 3 businesses in the 4th Ave business district to support during The Great Receipt Race
Every Friday in August, REV and Urban Impact Inc. will highlight a few of these businesses in honor of National Black Business Month as a part of Black Business Friday.
Celebrate Black Business Month by supporting Black entrepreneurs' contribution to Birmingham's vibrancy
By Elijah Davis Strategic Growth Manager Urban Impact Birmingham